Training Palestinian Doctors in Medical Specialties Project
Juzoor, in partnership with Taawon, is implementing the "Training Palestinian Doctors in Medical Specialties" Program which was modified to address a critical need during the COVID-19 pandemic. Juzoor conducted evaluations for the community quarantine centers in order identify the needs and provide them with shortages of health supplies. This included providing kits with personal necessities for men, women, and children in quarantine centers, homes and marginalized communities.
Additionally, upon the Ministry of Health’s request, Juzoor allocated female health workers to conduct basic healthcare tests that include checking temperature, blood pressure, blood sugar levels and other basic tests. Also, follow up sessions were conducted when necessary to include:
- Providing information related to prenatal and postnatal care and support for women and young children
- Providing psychological and social support to community members who suffer from stress due to the current situation
- Refer cases that require more intervention
- Assist in the delivery and provision of life-saving medicines, by coordinating with relevant health service providers such as the Ministry of Health, UNRWA, NGOs and private sector service providers.
- Training the local community on isolation instructions and awareness on many topics such as infection prevention, food safety, nutrition, etc.
- Responding to the requests of the local community through field visits